1. Brunei Darussalam remains committed in pursuing free and open trade within the context of multilateral trade rules that seek to benefit everyone.
2. Brunei Darussalam will continue to be a part of ongoing regional initiatives such as the ASEAN Economic Community, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, and the Free Trade Area for the Asia Pacific, as well as bilaterally.
3. Brunei Darussalam views the pursuit of these initiatives, including the objectives that were shared by TPP partners over the course of the years in negotiating the Agreement, as further complementing our ongoing efforts towards the strengthening of our regulatory environment, and further improvement of our business regime, in line with international standards and best practices.
4. We look forward to engaging with all TPP partners on next steps.
5. The US remains an important partner to Brunei Darussalam and we will continue to build and deepen our engagement for the mutual benefit of both countries.
Copyright © 2016 | Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. All rights reserved
Privacy Statement |