“Our People, Our Future Together”
- This theme stresses the role of the people in ASEAN Member States in advancing cooperation in the areas of political-security, economic and socio-cultural. It also asserts that the region’s future is dependent on how the people of ASEAN move and work together to ensure progress for the development of the whole region.
Description of the ASEAN logo 2013
- The entire logo is a form of “Bunga Berputar”, one of the flower patterns found in Bruneian traditional woven fabrics. This reflects the dynamism of ASEAN which is constantly moving ahead to meet its needs in the political, security, economic and social areas.
- The logo features 10 human figures holding hands with one another, symbolising ASEAN nationals from all the 10 ASEAN Member States who are united in working together in developing ASEAN in the political, security, economic and social areas.
- The red, black, yellow, white and blue colours of the human figures reflect the colours of the flags of ASEAN Member States. The blue represents peace and political stability. Red depicts courage and dynamism in upholding security. White shows purity while yellow symbolises economic prosperity.
- The ASEAN Emblem at the centre represents a stable, peaceful, united and dynamic ASEAN.